Friday, August 3, 2012

Tried my hand in hand dyeing

I always wanted to try to dye fabric. But I never got around to it either because of the time but also because I did not really knew how.
Don't get me wrong I really still don't know how. But just trying makes perfect, right??
Well I found a nice tutorial at sew mama sew blog and I bought a starter pack dye already last year at e-bay. I even had bought the fabric but I didn't get around to do so.
But when I seen Maggi's fabric and once the fabric I ordered from her got here, I really thought I should give it a try.
I had some plain cotton fabric and I had some cotton popeline (that what its called here in Germany) and I used a cotton tablecloth because I ran out of the other fabric. Lol.
From all 3 fabrics I liked the cotton popline best. It has a nice shine to it plus it has a nice touch to it.
For my next time trying I will order me some cotton silk.
So and here are the pictures, all I need to do know is to find out what I will create with it and where I find the time to do so. Lol

 


 

You all have a great weekend
Hugs Kerstin

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kerstin. I'm so glad that you decided to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauwh!!!! Thats looks good. I myself have never dyed 've ever seen it , but I find it a lot of mess (lol) But you have made lovely fabrics. Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours Kerstin, good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They turned out great! You would think you were a pro at this and not trying it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!!