Monday, July 30, 2012

Another finish

I had a roll of 4" fabric strips given to me. What to do. Mmhhh.
Than I saw a Quilt on Jessica's Blog, and thought that could be it.
Even so her Quilt is done with 2 1/2" strips I thought 2" will do to.
So off I went and cut the 4" in half and than I had to figure out how to cut the rest.
I ended up with a 9" finished block
For the square in the middle I cut a 4 1/2" square
The white fabric I cut 1 1/2" wide and the color fabric 2" wide
I think it worked out great and the Quilt looks nice. 
For the back I used a real soft and snuggly fabric, almost like minky.

I hope my BIL will like it, I decided to give it to him. 

5 comments:

  1. A lovely quilt with pretty colours! I`m sure he will like it;) Thanks for visitting me;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks wonderful, Kerstin! This pattern is near the top of my "quilts I want to make list" and I just yesterday I put a stack of fabrics on my side table with this pattern in mind. Now I want to go start cutting and sewing the blocks ... got to finish the quilt I am working on first before I start another ... think I will go sew ... ;) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great quilt, Kerstin. I like the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Kerstin. It almost looks as though there is no background when you put it outside, just the white lattice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a beautiful quilt, and I like the colors and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I just love hearing from you!!