Today is the day I get to reveal the Quilt. But first I want to show the last clues before I put the quilt together.
Looked cool but with the other blocks. I did not had any idea on how they would go together.
Jean kept me in suspense. A well done Mystery for sure.
Then the last clue came and I was able to sew the top together.
|here a picture of the top without border|
After sewing together the top,I did not like the fabric I chosen for the backing anymore. What to do? Dig deep into my stash, LOL . Out came a dark green Batik fabric. The only problem, it was not wide enough for the border Jean had planed. So I changed the border a bit. I was lucky that I had enough background fabric left. For the binding I was going to use the dark green I used in the blocks, but darn, :-( - I was one strip short. So the medium purple went as binding.
And here are the pictures from the finished Mystery.
It was pretty windy outside so I had a hard time taking the pictures . I hope you enjoy. Then you should go over to Jean's blog and check out the pictures from her mystery plus her students blocks with all the beautiful fabrics.
|here you can see the dark green Batic I used for the back|
|a close up from the quilting|
|and her a view from the binding|
If you ever have the chance to do a mystery with Jean- do it! Her pattern are great - easy to understand - and everything fits perfect.
I love my mystery! I'm so happy I had the chance to test that pattern for her. Thank you so much Jean!!